Buy Tools Online
The approach to the solution within the CRC/TR 96 financed by the German Research Foundation DFG aims at measures that will allow manufacturing accuracy to be maintained under thermally unstable conditions with increased productivity, without an additional demand for energy for tempering. The challenge of research in the CRC/TR 96 derives from the attempt to satisfy the conflicting goals of reducing energy consumption and increasing accuracy and productivity in machining.
In the current research performed in 19 subprojects within the scope of the CRC/TR 96, correction and compensation solutions that influence the thermo-elastic machine tool behaviour efficiently and are oriented along the thermo-elastic functional chain are explored and implemented. As part of this general objective, the following issues must be researched and engineered in an interdisciplinary setting and brought together into useful overall solutions:
1. Providing the modelling fundamentals to calculate the heat fluxes and the resulting thermo-elastic deformations in a comprehensive manner,
2. Mapping of the structural variability as a result of the relative movement inside the machine tool,
3. Providing the tools for an efficient adjustment of parameters that vary greatly in time and space by means of parameter identification methods as a prerequisite for correction and compensation solutions,
4. Engineering and demonstrating solutions to control-integrated correction of thermo-elastic errors by an inverse position setpoint compensation of the error at the TCP,
5. Engineering and demonstrating solutions based on the material properties to compensate for thermo-elastic effects through a homogeneous propagation of the temperature field, as well as reducing and smoothing the distribution of heat dissipated in supporting structures,
6. Developing metrological fundamentals to record the thermo-elastic errors in special structural areas of machine tools,
7. Engineering a methodological approach to simultaneous and complex evaluation of the CRC/TR 96 solutions, referring to their impact on product quality, production rate, energy consumption and machine tool costs
Mathematical Tools for Changing Scale in the Analysis of Physical Systems presents a new systematic approach to changing the spatial scale of the differential equations describing science and engineering problems. It defines vectors, tensors, and differential operators in arbitrary orthogonal coordinate systems without resorting to conceptually difficult Riemmann-Christoffel tensor and contravariant and covariant base vectors. It reveals the usefulness of generalized functions for indicating curvilineal, surficial, or spatial regions of integration and for transforming among these integration regions. These powerful mathematical tools are harnessed to provide 128 theorems in tabular format (most not previously available in the literature) that transform time-derivative and del operators of a function at one scale to the corresponding operators acting on the function at a larger scale.
Hypermedia technology needs a creative approach from the outset in the design of software to facilitate human thinking and learning. This book opens a discussion of the potential of hypermedia and related approaches to provide open exploratory learning environments. The papers in the book are based on contributions to a NATO Advanced Research Workshop held in July1990 and are grouped into six sections: - Semantic networking as cognitive tools, - Expert systems as cognitive tools, - Hypertext as cognitive tools, - Collaborative communication tools, - Microworlds: context-dependent cognitive tools, - Implementing cognitive tools. The book will be valuable for those who design, implement and evaluate learning programs and who seek to escape from rigid tactics like programmed instruction and behavioristic approaches. The book presents principles for exploratory systems that go beyond existing metaphors of instruction and provokes the reader to think in a new way about the cognitive level of human-computer interaction.
Buy Tools Online Articles
Buy Tools Online Books
Buy Tools Online